This is a bundle, where you have access to the following:
- Mastering Time Value of Money Calculations.
- Two 1 hour tutoring sessions.
- Time Value of Money Cheat Sheet.
Many students and candidates battle to grasp the concept of time value of money.
This course will help you understand the different components of TVM, help you navigate and master your calculations.
We look at the various aspects of time value of money, bring them all together and help you answer questions. This course contains various calculation options to test yourself.
In this course you will learn the following:
- Understanding the time value of money concept.
- Understand why Time Value of Money is important for Financial Planners.
- Understanding the HP10bII+ Calculator.
- Understanding the direction of Cash Flows and the importance thereof.
- Understanding timelines and how to use them effectively.
- Be able to form your own timeline methodology.
- Understand the frequency of Payment and the impact it has on your calculations.
- Understand Nominal vs Effective rates and how to use them.
- Understanding Resultant Rate and how to use it in your calculations
- Have the ability to perform various Time Value of Money Calculations.
This course is presented by Barbara Mundell, CFP® BAP(SA)™.
Barbara is an enthusiastic speaker and educator who believes that financial planning by ethical and professional Financial Planners has the power to change lives. She is dedicated to the continued professional development of Financial Planners and assisting them to create client-centric ecosystems that will enable consumers to make better financial decisions. In 2019, Barbara founded her company with the aim of assisting Financial professionals with the delivery of their services to educated consumers. As Director of Barbara Mundell Consult (Pty) Ltd she has made it her Mission to assist stakeholders in the Financial Planning profession to enhance the service they provide to their clients. This is achieved through Personalised Continued Professional Development Programmes and Business Support for financial advisors and planners. Barbara, with unquestionable ethics, will always take accountability for her actions and deliver on her promises. Embracing change, remaining agile and diligently striving to assist her clients to face their challenges with integrity, will ensure not only her future success but also those whose lives she touches.
We have applied for CPD and will advise as soon as it has been approved.
You need to complete the entire course to be able to obtain your certificate.
Who should take this course?
This course is aimed at:
- Students studying financial planning related qualifications;
- Candidates wanting to take either the CFP® or FSA™ Professional Competency Exams (Board Exams);
- Paraplanners and aspiring financial planners.
Terms and Conditions:
By entering into this course you agree to the following:
1- You will not share the content of this course with anyone else, unless you have obtained specific written confirmation from Barbara Mundell Consult that you may do so.
2- You have access to this course for a period of 12 months, any access thereafter is at the discretion of Barbara Mundell Consult. During this period we may add content to this course. You will have access to all updates during this time.
3- We do not issue refunds, at the sole discretion of Barbara Mundell Consult, we may provide you with a credit for another course.
Before you start this course
Introduction to Time Value of Money
This section will introduce you to the concepts of time value of money.
Understanding your HP10bII+ Calulator
This course is based on the HP10bII+ Calculator. This is not the only financial calculator that is available. Your calculator should be able to do the same calculations, you will just need to determine how to use our calculator.
Unpacking Time Value of Money
In this section, we will look at the relevant information that you need in order to do a time value of money calculation.
Time Value of Money Scenarios
Understanding when and how to use the Resultant Rate
Here are 10 questions, varying in difficulty to help you test your knowledge before you attempt the final assessment.
Practical Example discussions